20 September 2023
Good afternoon from Lancashire, England! We picked up the keys to the new apartment just minutes ago. It was almost exactly 3 years ago that we moved in to our house in Edinburgh. We expect to remain in England for several years.
I’m also thrilled to report that we’ve just come off a great triple-AIM weekend. Program directors are Malcolm Cox & Andy Boakye (UK-I), Joey Harris and myself (US), and Jackson Cheng (Pacific). Short overview below.
On Saturday 16 September all three programs were in a rare conjunction:
- AIM UK & Ireland—biblical teaching / preaching. Participants: UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Turkey.
- AIM US—spiritual life. Participants: United States (mainly New England and the Southeast), Norway, Portugal, UK.
- AIM Pacific—family life. In-person participants in Hawaii, and online too.
Next week we will invite you all to join us for AIM Doctrine / Holy Spirit, launching next month.
Today we also offer Conversation 10, on skewed sexual attitudes in the church. Last, we invite you to join in a highly informative and faith-building opportunity: come to Antioch next year!
CONVERSATION 10: SEXUALITY Q&A
Vicki and I have had many conversations with one another—and with many of you—about the condition of the church worldwide. Our latest “conversation” includes 5 Q&As following on from Conversation 9, which explored “Purity Culture,” plus 5 more general Q&As.
- While I can see how Purity Culture can be damaging, is this something that really had a hold in our church family?
- Shouldn’t we aim to implement biblical principles? Isn’t PC biblical, and dating unbiblical?
- Are you opposed to PC because it is makes Christians seem weird? Maybe you’re overreacting.
- What about purity rings and celibacy vows?
- Are you saying we shouldn’t ask questions of a sexual nature, or hold one another accountable?
- Assuming dating is okay, is single dating biblical?
- Do women really want to be “pursued” by men?
- What do you think about sexual addiction groups?
- What are the various grounds for divorce?
- Is it realistic for us to hold to the standards of the ancient world?
To listen to our latest discussion, or to access all 10 conversations, click here.
COME TO ANTIOCH IN 2024!
The First Missionary Journey began in Antioch (Acts 13). It was in Antioch that followers of Christ were first called Christians (Acts 11). I am inviting you to join us in a truly informative and inspiring mobile seminar in June 2024.
ANTIOCH (Antakya) is located along the Orontes River in modern-day Turkey. The city became a center for early Christianity, playing an important role in the ministry of the apostle Paul in the New Testament.
Dr. Mark Wilson, of the Asia Minor Research Centre, is program director. N.T. scholar Ben Witherington III and I are guest speakers.
Would you like to learn more? And to follow in the steps of Paul and Barnabas on the First Missionary Journey? In addition to this mobile seminar, there are also 5 pre- and post-tours! CLICK HERE, or use the QR code. If you decide to come, please also shoot me an email letting me know, asking any questions, or just so we can be in touch between now and the seminar.
BYE FOR NOW!
Until next time, thanks for your prayers, trust, moral support, and financial support.
Yours in Him,