The International Bible Teaching Ministry takes seriously Jesus' charge to go into all the world. The strategy is three-pronged:
Since the teaching ministry began officially (1992), I've visited 125 nations, typically working in 15-20 countries a year. The ministry also underwrites travel expenses for a number of male and female teachers. "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them... and teaching them..." (Matthew 28:19).
Your general support donation helps to compensate IBTM's international teachers for research, developing new materials, and traveling / speaking in the developing world.
Total need: $160,000 (for full funding of all programs)
Received in 2018: $65,190
Giving in 2017: $113,190
One-time donations for TEACHING or TRAINING can be made by check (made out to "IBTM," or to "AIM," to support the biblical training program) and sent to 2256 Rushmore Dr, Marietta GA 30062) or by credit card (click on DONATE).
Perhaps, instead of a one-time donation, you would like to become a monthly supporter. Click, and then indicate how much support you're able to provide: For example, $25, $50, $75, $100... U.S. citizens, please do not send donations via Paypal.
BECOME A MONTHLY SUPPORTER
(see special note -- scroll down)
Through mentoring and through programs like AIM (ministry training), younger teachers are being encouraged worldwide. As of 2017, IBTM is connected with over 20 international teaching programs. "Entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others" (2 Timothy 2:2).
Total need: $80,000 (for full funding for all IBTM-associated teachers)
Received in 2018: $18,797
Giving in 2017: $80,293
(1) Scholarships for students in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Sponsors are always needed.
(2) Support for our AIM teachers. Due to low funding levels, in 2017 we paid our principal teachers only a fraction of their salary. (All guest speakers were remunerated in full.) About $1500 is owed to our regular teachers. Please help us to get back on track.
The Athens Institute of Ministry admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to students of A.I.M. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, scholarships, or other programs.
ATHENS INSTITUTE OF MINISTRY & SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Total need: $30,000
Received in 2018: $1150 Yes, we are very underfunded.
Giving in 2017: $2120
Donations can be made by check (made out to "A.I.M.") and sent to 2256 Rushmore Dr, Marietta GA 30062). Or donate at the AIM website.
The Athens Institute of Ministry was established in January 2004 to train preachers, teachers, and serious Bible students. Biblical education is a deep need, and it is also the area in which I feel most called to serve. Sessions have taken place in Georgia, San Diego, London, Manila, Lagos, Stockholm, Kiev, Miami, and other cities, as well as long distance by DVD and over the web. We are eager to offer scholarships to worthy students in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and Eastern Europe. Your donations help students to participate who otherwise would not be able to afford the tuition. We want to extend scholarship offers and assistance to as many students as possible. AIM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status, EIN 20-3467033. Contributions are tax-deductible.
This ministry believes deeply in the power of the Word. Let's get Bibles and solid Christian teaching materials into the hands of as many persons as possible! It is always a pleasure to give away Bibles and teaching materials, often in faith that a donor will rise to meet the occasion. "The word of God is living and active..." (Hebrews 4:12).
Total budgeted: $15,000
Received in 2018: $1594
Giving in 2017: $12,132
SPECIFIC NEEDS, 2017-2018. (Sponsorship fully met in black; needs still outstanding in blue.)
- Accra, Ghana --$467. $135 Received 23/4/18, $332 outstanding _____
- Barbados -- $768. $500 received 23/4/18, $268 outstanding____
- Blantyre & Lilongwe, MALAWI -- $800 (2018). Received: $689, balance $177____
- China & Burma -- $300. Received in full -- thanks!
- Clemson SC -- $51. ____
- Gaborone, BOTSWANA -- $900 (2018). Received: 800, balance $100 ____
- Harare & Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, and Lusaka, Zambia -- $126. Received 23/4/18.
- Havana, CUBA -- $94 (Jan 2018).
- Jakarta, INDONESIA -- $179 (May 2018) _____
- Jamaica (Kingston)-- $600. Rec: 500 + 100, 23/4/18.
- Jamaica (Kingston, Montego Bay, St Catherine's), 15 July 2018 -- $479. ____
- Jos, Nigeria -- $164. ______
- La Paz, Bolivia -- $106. Received 23/4/18.
- Lagos, NIGERIA -- $23 (May 2018) ____
- Muslim Outreach -- $89 (September 2017). $70 received, $19 to go___
- South Africa -- $500. Received 23/4/18.
- Yangon, Myanmar, subsidized website access -- $347.50. _____
In the majority of developing nations around the world, monthly salaries are in the range of $30-$300. Books, which typically cost $10 or more, are an exorbitant expense for persons living in such economic situations. Helping Christians and churches through biblical education can make a tremendous difference in building faith and expanding the horizons of readers. The Third World Book Fund is not only for books, but also for audio messages, distributed not only to individuals, but also to church libraries. IBTM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status, EIN 20-3467033. All contributions made to IBTM are tax-deductible.
Donations can be made by check ("IBTM") and sent to 2256 Rushmore Dr, Marietta GA 30062) or by credit card (click on one of the DONATE buttons).
Special note for new monthly donors and for any one-off donors giving $30 or more:
We appreciate your donation. Please accept a small gift as a token of our gratitude. After you donate, we will contact you and ask which item you would like. (Here you can find both books and CD sets.) It will be shipped to your residence, no matter what country you live in.
For details on donations in previous years, click ibtm.info.