To listen to the lesson from Proverbs 2 (13 minutes), click below. Or download it from here.
Some salient points:
- Wisdom is a true treasure.
- The Lord wants us to be successful. This depends on our being upright.
- Understanding follows having a right attitude.
- When knowledge is pleasant to us, we will take joy in learning, meditating, reading...
- Notice the contrast in Proverbs between the crooked and the upright. Crooked words, crooked paths, crooked people (2:15; 8:8; 10:9). As C.S. Lewis put it, the crooked are actually "bent" -- not upright. Someone else said "Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked."
- Wisdom will keep us from bad company (the group mentioned early in chapter 1).
- It will also protect us from the Adulteress -- the 2nd of the key women in Proverbs.
- At the end, only those who choose wisely will remain. The wicked have no permanent place.
Challenge of the day: Seek wisdom as a treasure.
Next lesson: Proverbs 3.
The first few podcasts (Disciplined Life 0, 1, 2) are public. To continue to listen to the rest of the series (podcasts 3-31), use your logon credentials. If you are not yet a member, please join! It's less than 10 cents/day! Whatever your situation (student, unemployed, senior), everyone can afford 10 cents/day.