SPECIFIC NEEDS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL BIBLE TEACHING MINISTRY – updated 10/14
Most recent requests (those outstanding in red):
1. Visit to Conferencia de las Americas (June, in Panama): air ticket $624. – $200 received on 5 June, 424 on 10 Oct. Thanks!!!
2. Participation in ICOC Teacher Service Team Commitee (Los Angeles, March 2013) is unreimbursed. Total trip (meals, airfare, hotel) is over $900. Can anyone help? -- 140 received 28 Feb; 830 still needed
3. $90 for Brazil (30 May): $25 received 8 June, 65 on 10/10. Thanks!
4. $45 for Bolivia (28 May): on 10/10.
5. $156 for the Philippines (26 May): received 10/10.
6. Various Latin American book donations — scroll all the way down
7. $600 Premium sponsorship for disciples in Ghana: one year unlimited access for Accra, Kumasi, and Cape Coast (6 June):
8. $534 in books given to Uganda (March 2013): $500 received 21 June, $34 on 10/10.
9. $2050 in subsidies for books given in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria. And $200 in books given away in Monrovia, Liberia. This is the most recent request in this list of 9. $276 RECEIVED 10/10 — $1574 still needed.
10. $60 for Lagos, Nigeria, on 10 Nov 2013. $60 needed
The international Bible teaching ministry is dependent on donations in order to operate. We especially rely upon those who donate on a monthly basis.
If you would like to become a monthly supporter, please click on the link above, which will send us an email. Indicate how much support you’re able to provide: For example, $50, $75, $100, $250.
Once we establish contact, you’ll be asked to provide the relevant financial information. (For US residents, a tax receipt will be sent within a few days of your donation.)
JOIN COVENANT EYES
If you do not have an internet filter, please consider Covenant Eyes. The system sends a copy of questionable websites you visit to friends you want to hold you accountable. A portion of each subscription goes to benefit the International Bible Teaching ministry.
BUY COMPELLING EVIDENCE
It helps the ministry if you help me get the word out about all the books published by DPI, IPI, and Harvest House. Please buy a copy of one of my books next time you’re at Barnes & Noble (online or one of their bookstores), Amazon, or CBD.com. This sends a signal that the public has an appetite for the books this ministry has produced. You can also find Your Bible Questions Answered (July 2011), The Ultimate Bible Quiz Book (January 2011), A Quick Overview of the Bible (February 2012), and What’s the Truth About Heaven & Hell? in many Christian bookstores, supermarkets and airport bookstores. Please look for them!
BECOME A WEBSITE MEMBER
Premium members get access to content featuring hundreds of pages of detailed studies on every chapter of the New Testament, as well as hundreds of podcasts on current issues, thorny topics, Old and New Testament characters.
The price is only $36.50 a year (or ten cents a day). By subscribing, you are helping the ministry and boosting your own personal Bible study. Already a subscriber? Please tell your friends — another way to support this ministry.
MAKE A BEQUEST
Consider a gift to the teaching ministry in your will. “You can’t take it with you,” but you can make a difference through a bequest. No one has done this for our ministry yet, but I am hoping that after several years of asking somebody will see this and consider it a worthy cause.
ATHENS INSTITUTE OF MINISTRY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Total need: $20,000
Received in 2013: $220
The Athens Institute of Ministry was established in January 2004 to train preachers, teachers, and serious Bible students. Biblical education is a deep need, and it is also the area in which I feel most called to serve. Sessions have taken place in Georgia, San Diego, London, Manila, Lagos, Stockholm, and Kiev, as well as long distance by DVD and over the web. Please see the download document at the website for full details. We are eager to offer scholarships to worthy students in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and Eastern Europe. Your donations help students to participate who otherwise would not be able to afford the tuition. We want to extend scholarship offers and assistance to as many students as possible.
Currently AIM has some 7 scholarship students in 8 nations, and most of them need ongoing sponsorship. Our eventual hope is to support the principal AIM teachers on a part-time basis. For more on the details of AIM, and to read the download document at this website, or click here. AIM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status. All contributions are tax-deductible.
(1) Scholarships for two students in Bangladesh. Donations so far received cover 75% of tuition. Any further donations, after covering the final 25%, will help defray the cost of textbooks.
(2) Scholarship for a student in Lithuania. Please email if you feel moved to help.
The Athens Institute of Ministry admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to students of A.I.M. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, scholarships, or other programs.
THIRD WORLD TRAVEL FUND
Total need: $50,000
Received in 2013: $28,905
In 2011, I am making teaching visits to 30 cities around the globe, the majority outside the US. Other teachers are also sent to areas of special need. Funding is needed to cover airfare and fees for visits in the developing world, and usually also for meals and accommodation, when not provided by the local church. IBTM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status. All contributions made to IBTM are tax-deductible.
GENERAL MINISTRY SUPPORT
Total need: $50,000
Received in 2013: $21,498
General support donations help to compensate IBTM’s international teachers for research, developing new materials, and speaking in the developing world. Part of this category also assists with urgent medical needs. This is also the category to contribute to if you are not sure, or do not have a strong opinion, about how your donation should be spent. Your gift will be applied where needed. IBTM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status. All contributions made to IBTM are tax-deductible.
Total need: $15,250
Received in 2013: $11,725
Are you getting a lot out of the website? New material is added daily. In addition, new functionality is added regularly. Most people derive the benefit without contributing anything to the cause. Paying our part-time web manager is another need. Please contribute, as we cannot continue to offer all the material for free without some level of underwriting.
Thanks! IBTM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status. All contributions made to IBTM are tax-deductible.
WORLD BOOK FUND
Total need: $12,500
Received in 2013: $5500
In the majority of developing nations around the world, monthly salaries are in the range of $30-$300. Books, which typically cost $10 or more, are an exorbitant expense for persons living in such economic situations. Helping Christians and churches through biblical education can make a tremendous difference in building faith and expanding the horizons of readers. The Third World Book Fund is not only for books, but also for audio messages, distributed not only to individuals, but also to church libraries. IBTM is a tax-exempt entity with 501(c)(3) status. All contributions made to IBTM are tax-deductible.
It is always a pleasure to give away teaching materials to persons visiting the US. I present boxes of books on faith that a donor will rise to meet the occasion.
Update (4 Sept 2013)It seems not so many people are donating to the Book Fund — most of the donations I have made personally. Just returned from Africa. Gave out thousands of dollars in books. This was the most underfunded trip of 2013. Anyway, it would be wonderful to retire the needs below. Please consider.
Update (28 Feb 2013)
Thanks to a brother in Florida and a sister in the Middle East for donating towards these needs!
ALSO I just flew in from Nicaragua a few hours ago. There I distributed $1171 in books and CDs (all in Spanish) and in assistance to a local Burned Children’s hospital ($208 of the total).
Today (23 Jan 2013) I gave away $2158 in teaching materials to Latin American churches attending the AIM/Miami School of Missions. Students (not counting those attending from the US) came from 18 cities. $120 (actually, a few pennies less) is enough to cover any one of these cities. When you reply, just indicate which place(s) you’d like to help.
- Medellín (Colombia) – $120 sought, $40 received, $80 needed
- Caracas (Venezuela) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 sought
- Lima (Peru) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 sought
- La Paz (Bolivia) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 sought
- Santa Cruz (Bolivia) – $120 sought, $60 received, $60 needed
- Asunción (Paraguay) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 sought
- Santiago (Chile) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 needed
- Viña del Mar (Chile) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 needed
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 needed
- São Paulo (Brazil) – $120 sought, $50 received, $70 requested
- Salvador (Brazil) – $120 sought, $0 received, $120 needed
- Belo Horizonte (Brazil) – $120 sought, $48 received, 72 needed
Nairobi (Kenya) — $542 sought — can anyone help out ($0 received)?
- Kampala (Uganda) — $534 sought, $200 received, $334 needed
- Kiev (Ukraine) — $500 sought, $500 received [end of 2012])
- La Paz (Bolivia) – $45 sought
- Rio & Brasilia (Brazil) – $90 sought
If you would like to underwrite this donation of books for any of these cities or countries, please send me an email. Thank you!
PAY BY CHECK
You can also make a donation by check. Checks should be made out to “A.I.M.” or “IBTM” and sent to:
A.I.M. or IBTM
2256 Rushmore Dr
Marietta GA 30062
If you are outside the United States and would like to send an international wire, please send an email for wiring instructions and bank account information. Click on “contact” on the homepage to request the necessary info. Thank you.
For more details on donations in previous years, link to ibtm.info.