- Faith/works tension (4-5). Why did Luther love Romans and reject James?
- Is it possible to be saved by conscience alone, without baptism or even grasping God's plan? (3, 2)
- Are Christians permitted to kill their enemies (12)? What should our relationship with authority be (13)?
- What was Paul's real purpose for visiting Rome (15)?
- How did the Christians of the first century meet for church-- are we modern believers missing something (14-16)
- Since God knows the end from the beginning, what about predestination? Do we really have a choice--free will (9-11)?
- What is God's plan for my life (8)? How can I know his will (12)?
- Do Christians have to face judgment, or do we bypass the judgment throne of God (2, 14)?
- What does Paul mean when he said that "all Israel will be saved" (11)?
- Are believing in your heart and confessing "Jesus is Lord" sufficient for salvation, or is there more (10)?
- How much should we let others dictate our behavior, when something we do might make them feel uncomfortable -- eating meat, drinking alcohol, etc (14)?
- We all struggle -- but how much struggle is acceptable (7-8)?
- What was the potential doctrinal disaster Paul feared might infect the influential capital city of Rome -- and thus poison the entire Christian movement (1)?
Insights in Your Inbox
Want fresh, insightful content delivered weekly by email? Sign up for our weekly newsletter!