I've had reservations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, and believe Satan has been attacking me with doubt, through the scripture about "the mark of the beast." I keep thinking about how those who are not vaccinated may not be able to go places or do things without it. If this is a lie from Satan to keep me scared and unprotected from the virus, I need to free myself of this fear to be at peace with getting the vaccine. Your reply could help others, too, since I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been having that doubt / fear.
I can assure you that no vaccination in human history is even remotely connected with the symbolic "mark of the beast" in Revelation 13.
Revelation (also called the Apocalypse) is a book of images. Most of what is taught about Revelation in the popular media is misguided, or even nonsensical.
- Since the mark (v.16) is seen in a vision, it isn't a literal mark on the skin.
- Without the mark, which is given only when people willingly worship the emperor, they are not allowed to buy or sell (v.17). (That is, it hits people in pocketbook!) Many would even be executed.
- This mark parodies the Mark of 9:4 (which draws on Ezekiel 9).
- These marks are similar to the libelli of the third century, during the great persecution under Decius.
- On a related note, the idea that they are silicon implants containing microchips with the universal bar code and linking us to a worldwide economic system is preposterous! (Click here for more nonsense about this.)
God bless and rest assured you're okay. Get vaccinated (be safe for others). And don't listen to talks about Revelation on the radio, spend too much time at questionable websites, or give credence to preachers of conspiracy and fear.