The following has been adapted from For the Record: The Foster Report, in (Christian Counseling Connection, Vol.17, No.2 (2010).
- 78% of adults were married in 1970, vs. only 57% in 2008.
- 40% of children were born out of wedlock in 2008, including 72% of African-American children. - CR Newswire, 12/17/09
- Every hour spent idle in front of the TV raises the risk of premature death from heart disease by 18%, so finds an Australian study by Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute. - Bloomberg.com, 1/13/10
- A Texas Tech study suggests "people with multiple tattoos or body piercings are more likely to engage in risky and/or criminal behavior. Those with four or more tattoos, seven or more body piercings, or one intimate piercing are far more prone to use illegal drugs, be arrested for criminal offenses, cheat on college work, binge drink, and have multiple sex partners. They are 10 times more likely to have an arrest history." - The Social Science Journal 3/10/10, LifeSite News 1/14/10.
- Most self-identified Christians in the US are comfortable with the idea that the Bible and the scriptures of non-Christian religions all teach the same basic truths.
- Only 34% of US adults believe in absolute moral truth.