Leadership is critical to successful revitalization. Today we discuss what kind of leaders often fail in the task. To listen to, or to download the audio lesson, click here.
Today’s Listener Question:
I read a lot about the types of pastors who should lead church revitalization, but what kinds of pastors *shouldn’t* try to lead revitalization?
- Fearful leaders are most often those who have been hurt in the past.
- Social media has amplified criticism of pastors and leaders.
- Many times, fearful leaders are not prayerful leaders.
- A lot of church leaders are in denial about the health of their church and don’t want to know the truth.
- Some church leaders are leading well…for 1985.
- If all you’re doing is maintaining status quo, then you’re falling behind.
- Coasting is not an option for leaders.
The four types of leaders who should not lead revitalization are:
- Fearful leaders
- Leaders in denial
- Comfortable leaders
- Coasting leaders