Excerpted from Christian Counseling Connection, a publication of the American Association of Christian Counselors (www.aacc.net), Vol 17, Issue 3, p.15.
I came across these interesting facts in the most recent issue of the AACC's publication, and thought you'd find them interesting. Interpret them as you will :).
- According to a Family Research Council study, the GPAs of students involved in religious activities are 14% higher than those not involved. OneNewsNow 9/14/10
- In 1975, there were about 100 mosques in the US; that number has risen to more than 2000 today.
- Google says there are about 130 million uniquely titled books in existence. Publisher's Lunch 8/6/10
- Gallup reports that 43% of US adults attended religious services weekly or almost weekly in 2010, compared to 42% in 2008.
- Levels of the stress hormone cortisol are lower in married individuals than in single and unpaired individuals, according to a University of Chicago study. LifeSite News 8/23/10