Today we would like to share with you the "required reading" for the marriage & family element of the Athens Institute of Ministry.
Marriage & Parenting: The Minister's Family Life
1. Sam & Geri Laing, Friends & Lovers: Marriage as God Designed It (DPI, 1996)
2. Sam & Geri Laing, Raising Awesome Kids in Troubled Times (DPI, 1994)
3. Sam & Geri Laing and Elizabeth Laing Thompson, The Wonder Years: Parenting Preteens & Teens (DPI, 2001)
4. Elizabeth Laing Thompson, Glory Days: Real Life Answers for Teens (DPI, 1999)
5. Tedd Tripp. Shepherding a Child's Heart (Wapwallopen, PA: Shepherd Press, 1995)
6. Douglas & Victoria Jacoby, The Quiver: Christian Parenting in a Non-Christian World (IPI, 2005, 2007).
Sam and Geri's books are available from DPI at www.dpibooks.org.
If any of these titles remain unread in your library, may I encourage you to get hold of them and read? You will not regret it. What is the best parenting/family book you have ever read? If you let me know, perhaps it can be featured at one of this website's upcoming Family Circles. Thanks.
This article is copyrighted and is for private use and study only.