Although a non-scientist, since the 1970s I have read over 50 books on biological origins, as well as scores of scientific articles. Here are (in my opinion) some of the very best resources, especially if you want to understand the thinking of the majority of Christians in science:
- Applegate, Kathryn and J. B. Stump. How I Changed my Mind about Evolution: Evangelicals Reflect on Faith and Science. Downers Grove, Illinois, 2016
- Collins, C. John , Reading Genesis Well: Navigating history, science, poetry, and truth in Genesis 1-11 (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2018).
- Collins, Francis S. The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Faith. New York: Free Press, 2006.
- Dowd, Michael. Thank God for Evolution: How the Marriage of Science and Religion Will Transform your Life and our World. New York: Viking, 2008.
- Hayward, Alan. Creation and Evolution: The Facts and the Fallacies. London: Triangle, 1985.
- Lamoureux, Denis O. Evolutionary Creation: A Christian Approach to Evolution. Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock, 2008; and Evolution: Scripture and Nature Say Yes! Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2016. He has also produced excellent series on Cosmology and Science & Religion.
- Miller, Kenneth R. Finding Darwin’s God: A Scientist’s Search for Common Ground between God and Evolution. New York: Harper Perennial, 1999.
- Moreland, J.P. and John Mark Reynolds, eds. Three Views on Creation and Evolution. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1999.
- Numbers, Ronald L. The Creationists: The Evolution of Scientific Creationism. Berkeley: University California Press, 1992.
- Stump, J.B., ed. Four Views on Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2017.
If you're not sure where to begin, I would start with Collins and Lamoureux.
For a dialogue on evolutionary creation and evidence for an an original human couple (Adam and Eve), see:
- “Does Science Rule Out a First Human Pair? Geneticist Richard Buggs Says No.” Access at https://evolutionnews.org/2017/10/does-science-rule-out-a-first-human-pair-geneticist-richard-buggs-says-no/.
- See too Buggs’ response to Dennis Venema at http://richardbuggs.com/response_to_Dennis_Venema_Biologos_PartI_Adam_Eve.html, and “Response to Dennis Venema's Blog Adam, Eve and Population Genetics: A Reply to Dr. Richard Buggs (Part 1)”, posted 12th November 2017.
- Venema’s replies: https://biologos.org/blogs/dennis-venema-letters-to-the-duchess/adam-eve-and-population-genetics-a-reply-to-dr-richard-buggs-part-1/ and https://biologos.org/blogs/dennis-venema-letters-to-the-duchess/adam-eve-and-population-genetics-a-reply-to-dr-richard-buggs-part-2.
For Paul Copan's dialogue with Young Earth Creationist John MacArthur, focusing on the age of the cosmos and the nature of the six days of creation, see "The Days of Genesis: An Old-Earth View," in Areopagus Journal 5/2 (March-April 2005): 15, 17, 19. Access at http://paulcopan.com/articles/pdf/revised-genesis-science.pdf.