Six Ways to Build a Healthy Culture (15 minutes).
Click on the arrow to play the podcast, or you can use the "download" icon to download the podcast (if available). You can also right click here, in order to save the audio file and listen later.
Rom 15:14—confident in church to handle issues of church.
I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.
Philemon 1-25—a study in gracious persuasion
RESPECT (or “Stop pushing”)
1 Cor 16:12—it's okay to say no.
Now about our brother Apollos: I strongly urged him to go to you with the brothers. He was quite unwilling to go now, but he will go when he has the opportunity.
STAY CONNECTED (UNITY)
1 Cor 1:10—Unity despite differences of thought.
I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.
AGREE TO DISAGREE
Even Acts 15 was okay—it worked out. Barnabas continued evangelizing his native Cyprus while Paul forged ahead into new territory.
FOCUS ON CHRIST
He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.
- Principles > practicals
- Internalize Word of God
- No need to micromanage—that’s not “discipling”
- Leaders, trust the people… Their intentions, their heart, is good.
- Lording it Over Others (podcast)
- Steve Brown, A Scandalous Freedom: The Radical Nature of the Gospel (West Monroe, LA: Howard 2004).
- Larry Osborne, Accidental Pharisees: Avoiding Pride, Exclusivity, and the Other Dangers of Overzealous Faith (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012).
- Townsend & Cloud, Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1992, 2017).
- iFaith video sermon Galatians A (“Another Gospel?”) and Galatians B, (“Gospel +”)
- Leadership category at my website