Take the test (without going online or looking up the answers).
- Which was Jesus's birthplace: Nazareth, Bethlehem, Egypt, or Capernaum?
- What is a manger: baby crib, food trough, soft container, or Christmas cradle?
- The Magi journeyed from: India, Persia, China, or Arabia?
- Old Saint Nick was a real person: True or False?
- Who attempted to kill the infant Jesus sometime before 4 BC: Herod the Great, Herod Antipas, Herod Agrippa, or Herod Philip?
- The 400m members of the Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas in which month: November, December, January, or February?
- What does the X in Xmas stand for?
- Roughly how old is the reindeer motif? 100 years, 200 years, 1000 years, or 1500 years?
- How many of the following words are associated with Christmas? Noël, Yule, carol, crêche, eggnog, wassail, elves
- Which Christmas epiphyte may lead to a kiss?
- Katalyma, traditionally translated as inn, could equally well be translated: veil, upper room, or opening?
- Which annual Old Testament celebration includes gift-giving?
Scroll down for the answers:
Answers: 1. Bethlehem. 2. Food trough. 3. Persia. 4. True (he lived 270-343 AD). 5. Herod the Great. 6. January (7th). 7. X is Greek chi—the first letter in Christos. 8. 200. 9. All of them. 10. Mistletoe. 11. Upper room. 12. Purim (Esther 9).