WALK WHERE JESUS WALKED
There's a lot of talk about doing what Jesus would do (WWJD?), but how about walking where Jesus walked? We would like to invite you to join the 2018 annual tour -- as we return to Israel.
Benefits of joining the tour:
- Your faith will be strengthened. You will no longer have to imagine what the biblical world looks like. Now you can remember!
- The fellowship is invigorating. Make new friends from around the globe.
- The Bible will come to life, revealing a new dimension, as you better your grasp of history, geography, archaeology, and the movement of the biblical story.
- With a more solid understanding of scripture, your confidence in talking to others will grow.
- Your heart will fill with memories to last you the rest of your life.
You've thought about these locations for years; now's your chance to experience them -- or experience them anew, if this will be a return visit. Price: $1750. (Early payment discount also available.)
Includes most or all of the following: Mount of Olives, communion service and private prayer in Garden of Gethsemane, Western Wall Tunnel, Temple Mount, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, City of David, Beth Shean/Scythopolis, Armageddon, Dan, Caesarea Maritima, Caesarea Philippi, Qumran/Dead Sea Caves, synagogue and 1st-century home of Capernaum, Sea of Galilee devotional cruise, shopping, swimming in the Dead Sea, fortress of Masada, Sound & Light show in Tower of David, Nazareth Village, and much more! Click for the provisional itinerary.
Tour dates are 22-29 October. We begin with dinner in Tel Aviv on the evening of 22 October, and the closing dinner is in Jerusalem on the 28th -- you'll stay that night and fly out sometime on the 29th.
Post-tour: Bethlehem - Jerusalem - Ashkelon
There is also an option to extend 3 days, in order to experience several sites we are unable to take in during the main (7-day) itinerary, including Bethlehem (Church of the Nativity), the Herodion, the Citadel (Tower of David), Yad Vashem (holocaust memorial), Burnt House Museum, Jerusalem Model, Shrine of the Book (Dead Sea Scrolls), Israel Museum, and Ashkelon (Philistine city) or another site. We will be staying in the Prima Royale Jerusalem for the first two nights, and the Leonardo Plaza in Ashdod for the final night. Price $840. (If you're in a single room, $1050.) Last year 25 persons joined.
Who may come?
The tour is open to everybody, believers and seekers alike. Children age 12 and above are also welcome, provided they are mature enough to appreciate the sights.
There is a fair amount of walking around the various sites, including hilly terrain, so a reasonable level of personal fitness is desirable, and good walking shoes are a must.
- Securing a space (paying the deposit), and personal information required
- Payment details, early payment discount, and cancellation policy
- Orientation (opening dinner)
- Hotels, electrical info, security
- Flights, overcoming jet lag, changing money (buying shekels)
- Emergency contact info, extra medical insurance, and more...
Responses to the 2016 Tour: Click here.
The 2016 BST (144 members). Shot taken on Mount of Olives, with Temple
Mount in background. Further down, the 2015 BST Reformation Tour.
Below: 2017 group (85 members). The 2018 group should be in the 60-90 range.
Previous BST and ITS locations (number of visits):
Athens (3), Berlin (2), Chicago, Colossae, Corinth (3), Delphi, Egypt, Ephesus (2), Geneva, Herculaneum, Hierapolis (2), Israel (8), Jordan (2), Laodicea (2), London (4), Oxford, Paris, Patmos (2), Pergamum, Pompeii (3), Rome (3), Sardis, Washington DC, Wittenberg (2), Zürich (1).
Total registered for 2018 tour: 9
Watch this spot to see how many people have signed up so far, and from which countries. US, UK, Brazil