Why should you join in the daily Tour through John series? Listen to the short explanation (3 minutes) to find out.
- The 2018 series is A Tour Through John.
- 50 days.
- Units average about 20 minutes, just right if you have to go to work early, or want to listen as you commute. (Each lesson can be downloaded.)
- The scripture (every passage)
- Structure of John (the 7 confessions, 7 signs, and 7 "I Am" Sayings, the Book of Signs, etc).
- Prayer (based on the day's reading)
- Memory verses (from John 1-11, and again from 12-21) -- so we can have them ready on our lips!
- Ideas for group Bible discussions
- Optional quiz at end of our study of John 21 -- see how well you know the word!
- Insight into difficult topics, like the Trinity, predestination, OT prophecy, and more.
- This is a great book, as John continually calls us to think and act on the spiritual channel, not the worldly channel. (Even his own disciples often drift into worldly thinking.)
- Why commit to this?
- It keeps us focused!
- It keeps us out of sin!
- Let's us renew our minds – to gain the mind of Christ (Rom 12:1-2; 1 Cor 2:15).
- It makes us more evangelistic (Jer 20:7)
- Because God commands us to meditate on his word daily (Ps 1; Josh 1).
- Start the year off in a great way, walking with the Lord and letting his word dwell in you (Col 3:16).
Units in the Tour Through John
- Lesson 1 (1:1-9)
- Lesson 2 (1:10-18)
- Lesson 3 (1:19-34)
- Lesson 4 (1:35-51)
- Lesson 5 (2:1-11)
- Lesson 6 (2:12-25)
- Lesson 7 (3:1-16)
- Lesson 8 (3:16-35)
- Lesson 9 (4:1-24)
- Lesson 10 (4:25-42)
Note: the first 10 podcasts are public -- you don't need to be a website member to listen to these. Then, from lesson 11, you will need to log in as a member. (The price is 70 cents/week, paid annually.)
- Lesson 11 (4:43-5:18)
- Lesson 12 (5:19-47)
- Lesson 13 (6:1-36)
- Lesson 14 (6:37-71)
- Lesson 15 (7:1-31)
- Lesson 16 (7:32-52)
- Lesson 17 (7:53-8:11)
- Lesson 18 (8:12-58)
- Lesson 19 (9:1-41)
- Lesson 20 (10:1-99)
Responses to the new series:
- Thank you for your initiative and hard work to take us through the book of John to start the New Year. I’m very excited about this series, and sure that our year will be better for it. Thanks too for having an impact across the world! We’re praying for you. — Melbourne, Australia
- I am up to date on our tour through the book of John. Thoroughly enjoyable! Thank you for your diligent scholarship. — Birmingham, Alabama
- We have been looking forward this series, as we thought John would be great to deepen our faith and connection to God. I am praying that God will bless the series and help many to know Him better. — Prague, Czech Republic
- I’m thoroughly enjoying our journey through John! I also really like your note-and-outline layout with the scriptures in blue. Thank you for taking the time to put this together and deliver the podcasts. — Honolulu, Hawaii
Previous Quiet Time Series
Every since 2008 we've had a special series designed to propel us into a spiritual new year:
- Drawing Near to God: 40 Days of Quiet Times (2013)
- Christ Through the Ages (2014)
- Romans A-Z (2015)
- Proverbs: The Disciplined Life (2016)
- Clean in '17: Purity, Cleansing, Leprosy, Exorcism, & Reanimation (2017)
- In addition, there are 100s of Bible study pieces, like the 400 New Testament Chapter Studies (2008), and over 100 OT Character studies and NT Character studies.
- Nearly 700 mornings of material already!