2012 & the End of the World (30 minutes), click on the play button below. The final few minutes of this recording are an explanation of the Current Events & Issues series, which kicks off this podcast series.
To download the podcast, right click on "download" and select "save link as" or "save target as" and you can download the podcast and listen to it later.
For further study:
- Read the original two-article series I wrote in London (1986). Click on Armageddon!
- Read a paper on Matthew 24 and the Destruction of Jerusalem I wrote at Duke University (1980). Click here.
- See also John Clayton's article The 2012 Mayan Demise of Earth.
- If you'd like to learn a lot more, you might want to order Revelation and the End of the World. This audio series:
- Includes 4 lessons on audio CD (3 hours total).
- Also has the paper on The Destruction of Jerusalem.
- Contains further material (40 days of study) on every chapter of Revelation. (These notes are also available at the premium site, under N.T. Studies.)
- Some failed predictions & estimates:
- Rabbi Menachem Schneerson: “The Iraqi crisis may spark the terrible war that will herald Messiah’s arrival.”
- Billy Graham: “There are spiritual forces at work in the Persian Gulf confrontation. History has gone full circle, and we are coming back to these [Bible] lands. This is not another Korea, it is not another Vietnam – it is something far more sinister and far more difficult.
- Jack Van Impe: “Four major prophecies in the Bible pinpoint Iraq and the Persian Gulf as the prelude to the Battle of Armageddon, a conflict that will begin at the Euphrates River in Iraq.”
- Lester Sumrall: “I predict the absolute fullness of [the] man’s operation in planet earth by the year 2000 AD. Then Jesus Christ shall reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years.”
- Mary Stewart Relfe: “The second coming of Christ will occur in 1997.”
- Jerry Falwell: 2000.
- Hal Lindsey: 1987 or 1988
- Jehovah's Witness predictions: 1914, 1918. 1925, 1941, 1975, etc.
- Update: Interestingly, just days before 21 Dec 2012, the very moment my editor and I were exchanging emails and joking about the big day (he said I had just 9 days to get my corrections to him before it was "too late"), I received a warning from a fellow who wanted me to know that he had intelligence that am undetectable dwarf star was on a collision course with the earth. The date of impact: 21 Dec 2012.
- Related podcasts in the current series:
- What Happens After Death?
- The Rapture & the Tribulation
- Thoughts on Heaven & Hell